Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Filipino Birthday!!!

I don't have much time, but thanks for those who asked about my birthday!  I totally went into the day telling God I didn't need anything special as it was a travel day to Mati, where we are serving all week.  But God loves to spoil us and He has been showing me that in my time here especially in the "little ways" no one else would know how to do it here! :)  You see at home a great birthday would usually involve a good meal and games with my family, much laughter, singing and more.  And I've always wanted a "surprise party" in my life.

Well, we were on a 3 hour bus ride, or more, when we arrived.  It is hotter here, and we met some pastors, waited a long time in the heat for our rooms (that's okay), and more... we then made our way to a "pastors gathering" which turned out to be a HOG ROAST!  Hello great food!  (and praise the Lord I was feeling better to be able to eat it!)  They sang to me "Happy Birthday", had a dart board, basketball and a pool table!  (DARTS I missed) and great company!  Exactly what I longed for with food and games and fun!  Then as we came home late to the orphanage where we are staying... the leader and I lagged back, only to find that they had a surprise party waiting for me!  I walked in (NO IDEA) and each of my team was holding a mini cupcake with a candle in the dark, singing!  There were snacks, and a multi-tiered tower of champagne glasses filled with fruit punch, and a sign!!! IT WAS AWESOME!  Great music (thanks Frank Sinatra), a little dancing, and they took the time to each share how I've blessed their lives.

So the day that was to be "whatever" was one of the best birthdays ever!  Thanks for all the wishes from home also, HUGE BONUS!  So greatful to be here and for all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment