Friday, April 8, 2011

Where's Rayelle: Kona, Hawaii

Friends, what an amazing day it has been.  I arrived in Kona last night after a long day of traveling, but it has been well worth the trip.  I wish you were all here with me to experience this.  The land here is beautiful... the birds of the air, the flowers growing everywhere.  But even more amazing than that is the group of people here.  We have come from far away... but I've never been in such an amazing array of God's people.  Just like Revelation 5:9 talks about "and with your blood you purchased for God persons from every tribe and language and people and nation"; tonight as we had a ceremony that reminded me of the Olympics with flag bearers, dancing, and cheering it was announced that 39 nations are represented within our groups.  Thirty nine countries!  Together in the same place!  To help you understand the depth of this, slightly more... I currently have 3 roommates, 2 are from South Korea and 1 is from Switzerland.  They all speak english as a second language so our discussions have been good, but tend to use quite a few added hand gestures.  Tonight at worship, to my right was a couple from Norway and to my left a young woman from Africa and next to her a woman from New Zealand... and we all worshiped and praised our great God together!  Then a woman from Hawaii prayed for me!  What a beautiful world we live in.  I'm honored to be a part of this here and to learn about God's love in new ways.  I must admit, I'm addicted... I'm addicted to the love of Jesus.  It is sweeter than honey and more precious than jewels. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment