Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Where's Rayelle: 4th Entry from Kona, Hawaii including my OUTREACH!

I've wanted to write more this last week, but I'm struggling with where to even start!  This last week we had a speaker named Mark Anderson, who fed us great biblical truth... with so much information it was like drinking water from a firehose!  It was great, but this last week was tougher for me... as truthfully, God is showing me some things in my life that He wants me to be aware of and to help me fix.  And the fact is, that at times it is painful going through the process of dealing with past issues, facing the current issues, but so great realizing the future will be brighter because of God's great love for me.  The main issue I'm dealing with is "numbness".  I've felt it the last year in multiple areas of my life on how I care for people, other nations, my daily schedule... but mostly I was numb towards myself.  I felt that other people deserved things, but behind the scenes I felt I didn't.  Praise the Lord, He is lifting this veil for me to understand and is showing me why and how!  There are many steps to go, but the hardest part is over now... may the healing begin :)  I'll write more on some of the cool lessons last week!  But...

Now, the BIG NEWS!  We received our final outreach locations and at the end of June I'll be heading to Tagum, Philippines!  I'm so excited!!!  There are 9 students and 2 leaders going and we'll be there for 3 months helping grow some church plants with people in their teens, working with battered women shelters, and growing relationships in the muslim areas to God willing share about Jesus.  Did I mention I'm excited!!! :)  God is already doing amazing things around me and in me and it's only the third week. :)  If you are interested in joining in this journey, in prayer or financially please check out the PARTNERSHIP page on my blog, as I'll be working to raise about $5000 for the 3 months in the Philippines.  Thanks for believing in what God is doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment